Friday, September 04, 2009

Family and Career at one go

Every time i want to start writing, i always have this blank phase where i just don't know what to write. Before, i had a lot in my mind; rant, revelation and all the randomness i got from watching too much DVD (during and off work hee hee.

Anyway, what am i suppose to write down?

Ok, here's the deal:

I guess most of you have watched Lipstick Jungle (pardon my outdated-ness). What trigger my lately-malfunctioned-brain is this: is it possible to build family and career at the same time for women?

I have seen few women that i know able to build a family and career at the same time. However, i guess it is just not everybody's cup of tea eh?

I am a believer of my own philosophy: what you can do or you can have in your life doesn't always meant for me.

Example: you can be a very attractive young woman, with successful career at hand and happy family (handsome and loving husband and 2 beautiful kids) and you are happy about it; but that doesn't mean in order for me to be happy i must have the similar things in my life as you do.

The problem, i believe, is not whether it is possible or not to have both career and family but rather what do you really want in your life.

See, when we are measuring the meaning of our life (happiness, fulfillment and wholeness), a lot of times we take other standard of measurement to measure ours.

When we use the wrong measurement, we would never find out the reasons of our unhappiness.

A lot of times we never really sit down and think thoroughly what makes us happy and whole as a human being.

We think that by having what others have that seems to fill the vacant in their lives would bring the same effect as it does to others, but i realize that it is not the case.

Simple case: My sister's simple happiness is to hang out in the bookshop and purchase the latest edition of the manga she reads, but as for me, that doesn't work on me. My simple happiness in life is just to tuck in my bed and read novel without being disturbed.

So, is it possible to have both career and family at the same time? It's your choice, if career and family make you happy and whole as a person then i believe you would be able to achieve (or at least have the capacity to achieve both) both at the same time. Why? because you have joy in building both, with joy there will flow strength, creativity and you will be able to expand your capacity beyond your wildest imagination. Surely, there would be rough patches but with the joy in your heart and determination you'd doing just fine.

This is just my philosophy. What say you?

As for me: I know my capacity, will i have both or choose either one? i will only choose either one, because i am that lousy in multitasking. You ask me which one? That's for me to know and for you to guess.

'Til then,

Astalavista~~

P.S if you notice, i am reducing the use of dot in my post

No comments: